IRVINE, CA, Feb 25, 2014 (Marketwired via COMTEX) — Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division (Toshiba – www.telecom.toshiba.com ) today announced today that its IPedge (R) Application Server has been named a winner of a 2014 INTERNET TELEPHONY Product of the Year Award by TMC, a global, integrated media company. The winners of the 2014 INTERNET TELEPHONY Product of the Year Award are featured in the January/February 2014 issue of INTERNET TELEPHONY magazine and online at www.itmag.com .”We are honored to receive the 2014 INTERNET TELEPHONY Product of the Year Award for our IPedge Application Server,” said Brian Metherell, vice president and general manager of Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division. “Toshiba’s IPedge Application Server gives users of Toshiba’s legacy Strata(R) CIX(TM) and Strata CTX business telephone systems affordable access to the latest IP unified communications and mobility solutions without needing to move to a new system.”"It gives me great pleasure to recognize Toshiba with a 2014 Product of the Year Award for its commitment to excellence and innovation,” said Rich Tehrani, CEO, TMC. “In the opinion of our distinguished judges, Toshiba’s IPedge Application Server has proven to be among the best communications and technology solutions on the market in 2014.”
Using IPedge as an application server, users can take advantage of the following Toshiba applications:
- IPedge Unified Messaging, which delivers voice mail and unified messaging to the user’s email inbox.
- IPMobility, which provides single-number reach to Apple(R) and Android(TM) smartphone devices, enabling them to act as an extension of the IPedge and/or Strata CIX IP business telephone systems for both incoming and outgoing calls. Users need only to provide their office telephone numbers to receive incoming calls and display their office Caller ID for outgoing calls. In addition, IPMobility provides visual voice mail to remotely manage and control Strata CIX Messaging voice mailboxes.
- IPedge Call Manager, which empowers the user’s PC with call control on the Strata CIX so the user can make calls from an existing Contacts list, see phone presence information, text chat with colleagues, and make or receive calls via the integrated soft phone.
- IPedge Meeting, which makes conference calls more effective by providing an audio conference bridge with Outlook(R) Calendar invite support and allowing users to share their desktops and video, all within a standards-based Web browser.
- Find Me, Follow Me Call Routing, which forwards incoming calls to any telephone number the user chooses, including mobile phones. Easy to turn on and off, “Find-me Follow-me” enables users to set up automatic forwarding of incoming calls on their office extensions directly to their smartphones (or any other telephone number). The incoming caller’s Caller ID is visible on the smartphone. Also standard with all Toshiba telephone systems is Twinning, which enables the simultaneous ringing of both the user’s office phone and smart phone.
Toshiba’s IPedge Application Server is available in three system sizes: the IPedge EP Application Server (up to 40 users), IPedge EC Application Server (up to 200 users), and IPedge EM Application Server (up to 1,000 users).
IPedge Application Server enables users to have a smooth migration path from their existing Strata CTX or Strata CIX systems.
IPedge Application Server is compatible with all the Strata CIX models: Strata CIX 40 (4-11 trunks or 8-40 telephones); Strata CIX 100 (up to 112 trunks and telephones); Strata CIX 200 (up to 192 trunks and telephones); Strata CIX 670 (up to 672 trunks and telephones); and Strata CIX 1200 (up to 1,152 trunks and telephones) models. It is also compatible with Toshiba’s legacy Strata CTX systems when the processor and software are upgraded to Strata CIX.
For more information on IPedge Application Server, visit: http://www.telecom.toshiba.com/Products/IPedge-Application-Server.cfm
About INTERNET TELEPHONY magazine INTERNET TELEPHONY has been the IP Communications Authority since 1998(TM). Beginning with the first issue, INTERNET TELEPHONY magazine has been providing unbiased views of the complicated converged communications space. For more information, please visit www.itmag.com . Follow INTERNET TELEPHONY magazine on Twitter or join our Linked In group. Subscribe or visit www.itmag.com .
About TMC TMC is a global, integrated media company that supports clients’ goals by building communities in print, online, and face to face. TMC publishes multiple magazines including Cloud Computing, M2M Evolution, Customer, and Internet Telephony. TMCnet is the leading source of news and articles for the communications and technology industries, and is read by as many as 1.5 million unique visitors monthly. TMC produces a variety of trade events, including ITEXPO, the world’s leading business technology event, as well as industry events: Asterisk World; AstriCon; ChannelVision (CVx) Expo; Cloud4SMB Expo; Customer Experience (CX) Hot Trends Symposium; DevCon5 – HTML5& Mobile App Developer Conference; LatinComm Conference and Expo; M2M Evolution Conference & Expo; Mobile Payment Conference; Software Telco Congress; Super Wi-Fi Summit – The Global Spectrum Sharing and TV White Space Event; SIP Trunking, Unified Communications & WebRTC Seminars; Wearable Tech Conference & Expo III; Fitness and Sports Wearable Technology (FAST) Expo II, WebRTC Conference & Expo IV; and more.
For more information about TMC, please visit www.tmcnet.com .
About Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. Telecommunication Systems Division Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division is one of the three business units of Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. (TAIS) and offers business communication solutions for SMB enterprises and enterprises with multi-site or regional locations. Toshiba’s VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution supports up to 500 users, and the IPedge and Strata CIX systems support from 8 to 1,000 users and offer Voice over IP, voice mail and unified messaging, conferencing and collaboration, unified communications applications, networking, mobility and more. Together with Toshiba’s PCs, tablets, copiers, and surveillance video cameras/recorders, Toshiba’s Telecommunication Systems Division helps enterprises maximize business efficiency in communications and mobility. Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation.
For more information, visit www.Telecom.Toshiba.com .
About Toshiba Toshiba Corporation is a world-leading diversified manufacturer, solutions provider and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products and systems. Toshiba Group brings innovation and imagination to a wide range of businesses: digital products, including LCD TVs, notebook PCs, retail solutions and MFPs; electronic devices, including semiconductors, storage products and materials; industrial and social infrastructure systems, including power generation systems, smart community solutions, medical systems and escalators and elevators; and home appliances. Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 590 consolidated companies, with 206,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing 5.8 trillion yen (US$61 billion).
Visit Toshiba’s web site at www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm